September 6, 2009

"I'm Yours" and your Ours

  Recently i read an article saying that Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" broke the record for the longest run on the billboard hot 100. Now I would never have thought that this song would be the one to stay the longest on the charts, but after repeatedly hearing this song since it came out, I can with all confidence say that this song grows on you with every listen. Let me tell you that i have listened to this song at different times and with different moods, but the song always give me the same feeling which is joyness and freedom. Jason mentioned that he wrote this song in 5 minutes and i could picture him in Hawaii sitting on a portch adjacent to the ocean and hearing the sound of the waves while writing this song. Now i'm pretty sure that he did not write it in the way I described but that's what i feel everytime I hear this song. The song makes me want to drive to the nearest beach and just lay there and relax. What makes this song so ingenious is the lyrics which are so simple yet so meaningful. I mean who manages to make the words "scootch on over dear" work other than Mraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment